eDynamic Learning and Transeo
Supporting Perkins V
eDynamic Learning, in partnership with Transeo, is proud to support schools in meeting a variety of needs and requirements of the Perkins V Act.
The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) amended the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education (Perkins IV) Act of 2006 and reauthorized Perkins for six years. The law took effect on July 1, 2019.
The purpose of this Act is to develop more fully the academic knowledge and technical and employability skills of secondary education students who elect to enroll in career and technical education programs and programs of study, services, and activities. The Act provides technical assistance that:
- promotes leadership, initial preparation, and professional development at the state and local levels;
- improves the quality of career and technical education teachers, faculty, administrators, and counselors;
- supports partnerships among secondary schools, postsecondary institutions, baccalaureate degree-granting institutions, area career and technical education schools, local workforce investment boards, business and industry, and intermediaries;
- provides individuals with opportunities throughout their lifetimes to develop, in conjunction with other education and training programs, the knowledge and skills needed to keep the United States competitive;
- increases the employment opportunities for populations who are chronically unemployed or underemployed, including individuals with disabilities, individuals from economically disadvantaged families, out-of-workforce individuals, youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system, and homeless individuals.
Click various sections of the wheel to learn more.