Medical Diagnostic Technology 1a: Introduction
Have you ever wondered how a health professional knows how to diagnose an illness? Or what medications to prescribe to a patient depending on the person’s body and their signs and symptoms? Learn about different diagnostic technology used and essential body systems and fluids that need to be understood to make an accurate diagnosis of a disease, condition, or illness. This career field is flourishing, and now is the time to be part of it!
- Describe the roles, responsibilities, and skills used by laboratory, radiology, respiratory, and cardiology professionals
- Identify and describe the components that make up a person’s immunity
- Describe the structure and functions of the lymphatic, nervous, musculoskeletal, digestive, and cardio-respiratory systems
- Describe the structure and functions of cells and blood and their roles in diagnosing illnesses
- Identify how imaging modalities are used to diagnose, monitor, and treat patient conditions
- Explore positive patient interactions, personal and patient safety, and HIPAA regulations around patient confidentiality