Game Design 1b: Building a Game
We live in a technologically-advanced world where virtual reality and video games play a major role. Have you ever thought about designing your own video game? By signing up for Game Design 1b: Building a Game, you will learn the skills needed to conceptualize, design, and fully create your very own video game. Explore various video game software and hardware, sharpen your coding skills, learn about game storylines, player progression, and algorithmic decision making. Learn to analyze player goals, actions, rewards, and challenges, among many other game play components. Utilize the 21st century skills of creativity, critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and technical expertise. When you sign up for Game Design 1b: Building a Game, you are putting yourself at the forefront of a future in technology!
- Discover how geo-location is impacting gaming trends.
- Select audio files that will give your game some edge.
- Determine what controls and inputs will make the most sense for your game.
- Design 3D assets in Blender.
- Learn what common game design blunders to avoid…like having your player character fall off the playfield!