SmartFocus White Paper
CTE and Industry Certifications
Giving Students a Competitive Advantage
- Just 26% of high school graduates had the foundational work readiness skills needed according to results from ACT. Also, a YPulse survey found that 74% of Gen Z students wish they learned more about alternative career paths compared to a traditional college education. Simultaneously, students who participate in CTE programs are much more likely to graduate on time (94% compared to 86%) according to the US Department of Education.
- This SmartFocus white paper highlights how CTE and industry-recognized certifications give students a competitive advantage post-graduation. Read this white paper to discover four reasons CTE and industry-recognized certifications prepare students for the future and put them on a path towards high-wage and high-demand careers:
- Industry-based certifications act as a powerful differentiator
- CTE empowers students with critical interpersonal skills
- Career exploration gives students opportunities to explore engaging subjects
- Industry-based certifications benefit the community and local economic development
Download the white paper today to dive deeper and understand how these programs can benefit students in your school or district.
Download the White Paper
“The value of CTE courses is also starting to be recognized and promoted more in traditional school settings because of the graduation pathway option. Cradle-to-career initiatives allow students to enter the workforce upon graduation making a decent wage”
Holly Brzycki, Supervisor of Online Learning
Capital Area Intermediate Unit, Pennsylvania
“I use eDynamic Learning to prepare my students for industry certification programs. In the state of Colorado, students are required to have additional proof such as an industry certification to graduate. We encourage our students to seek industry certifications to meet the graduation requirements as well as for resumes, job applications, and college applications.”
Kimberly Schor, 6th-12th grade Technology Instructor
Branson School District, Colorado
“eDynamic Learning provides strong foundational content and a variety of resources to guide instruction. To address the diverse strengths, abilities, and challenges of all students, eDynamic Learning makes it easy to differentiate instruction, incorporate enrichment activities and offer multiple options for students to showcase their learning.”
Nancy A. Ortner, MSEd, TOSA Career Technical Education
Visions In Education
Learn More about eDynamic Learning
eDynamic Learning is the largest publisher of career and technical education (CTE) and elective courses in North America offering over 250 courses for middle and high schools. Student’s consistently rank courses 4 out of 5 stars.