eDynamic Learning is a teacher-founded company established in 2008 with a mission of helping students find their passion. We are dedicated to developing programs of study in pathways that lead to industry-recognized certifications. With nearly 250 courses available on all technology platforms and devices, we are the largest publisher of CTE and elective courses in North America.
eDynamic Learning’s middle school and high school curriculum is used in a variety of online and blended learning environments. Courses are designed to be flexible for teachers and ensure that students leave high school with the knowledge and preparation needed to make life-shaping college and career decisions.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities with a primary focus on Accounts Payable. You will be responsible for daily accounting tasks, including updating expense files, monitoring financial transactions, posting them in the general ledger, and reconciling accounts.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Accounting and work across the organization with all teams, as well as work with external vendors. You will collaborate with a team that operates in a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to be a part of the company’s growth, while further developing your accounting skills.
If you are driven, meticulous, and a problem solver, then this is the right role for you!
- Supports three main business entities and assists with the consolidation of those entities and keeps track of intercompany balances.
- Enters approved data in accounting system(s) to process transactions in a timely, comprehensive manner following document procedures and proper internal control practices that result in a complete and evident audit trail.
- Prepares various reconciliations of accounts and journal entries related to such accounts.
- Creates adjusting journal entries to accurately close the monthly fiscal period following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Compiles monthly consolidated financial reports for the organization in a timely manner.
- Presents monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports to management.
- Evaluates financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Analyzes past results, performs variance analysis, identifies trends, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Questions/validates data provided, gathers additional information, requests clarification/backup documentation, and corrects inaccuracies to address other needs/issues prior (or subsequent) to the initiation of processing activities.
- Reviews data to ensure accuracy and minimize exposure by following departmental procedures.
- Maintains positive internal customer relationships by providing prompt and appropriate responses to inquiries, issues, and concerns when appropriate.
- Keeps manager informed of non-routine issues and refers matters outside the assigned scope of authority to appropriate individuals.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly commission statements.
- Assists in establishing SOPs and process documentation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- 3-5 years of relevant, direct accounting experience.
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Salesforce, and Concur, preferred.
- Experience working on consolidated financials.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to GAAP.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate with team members to accomplish accounting goals.
- Based in the United States (preferably Dallas, Texas)
If you are interested in a role at eDynamic Learning or any of the positions posted, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@edynamiclearning.com