Activity: 13th Amendment Fact Sheet ProjectFebruary 8, 2021
The following activity has been extracted from our African American History course / Unit 5: Freedom and Reconstruction.
1.Complete the following activity. Use the rubric located below the activity to assess how you are completing each of the required components.
2. (Optional): For teachers and parents looking to use it as a graded activity, a rubric is located at the bottom of the activity.
Activity: 13th Amendment Fact Sheet Project
In this assignment, you will create an informational fact sheet on the 13th Amendment. To complete the assignment, research the history of the 13th Amendment, discuss the text and the meaning of the Amendment, and report on the results of its passing, both the immediate social impact and the historical results of its passing. Be creative in your presentation and use graphics, pictures, clipart, and any application you choose, and remember to have fun as you learn about the 13th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
Follow these guidelines for a completed project:
- The fact sheet content must be accurate and complete.
- It should answer who, what, when, where, and how questions.
- Include at least one graphic, placed logically to aid in the understanding of the information.
- Spelling, grammar, and punctuation should be correct.